** Olive Oil **
1. Rich in vitamins and antioxidants.
2. Highly effective in neutralizing the free radicals that are known to damage healthy skin.
3. Helps our skin regulate its natural moisturizing systems.
4. With its unique ability to mix with water, olive oil penetrates deep, helping our skin to retain its moisture without clogging pores.
5. Oxidized oils cause blackheads and a host of other skin problems. Because olive oil has a naturally lower oxidation rate than your skin’s natural oils, it is a perfect supplement to help keep these oxidation problems at bay while forming an effective barrier, helping to protect your skin from irritants.
‘Attractive nourishment’ for hair & scalp -
• Apply to your scalp and hair and keep it overnight.
• Wash it the next morning.
• See and feel the silky shine in your hair!
• ‘Attractive’ is this nourishment because you see the difference immediately...A difference which is healthy and natural.
• Reduces hair loss!
• Olive oil is blessed with antioxidants, anti-bacterial & anti-fungal properties preventing dandruff and other scalp problems leading to hair loss.
• You can also mix olive oil with coconut oil or sesame oil or even castor oil for better results.
• Or can be used without mixing it with olive oil and apply it separately, but in conjunction with olive oil.
• Another lovely treatment with olive oil is its usage with an egg yolk and a few drops of lemon juice.
• Apply this mixture onto the hair and leave it for about 15-20 minutes. Shampoo your hair and feel the difference! :)
• A natural conditioner it is!
‘Value add’ in our diet -
• When used in our diet, it reduces the risk of coronary heart disease.
• Add a delightful flavor to your dishes especially when it is Italian cuisine (to be frank, to every cuisine)!
• It is high in antioxidants, including Vitamin E.
An ‘expert beautician’ -Natural moisturizer unmatched!
• Apply olive oil to dry skin on any body part (face, elbows, feet, etc.) to help the skin regain its natural oil balance. Gently massage on extra dry areas.
• Olive oil can be added to many of the natural facial home recipes that exist. When combined with some sugar, Olive oil makes a great hand exfoliant and moisturizer.
• Add 1/4th cup of olive oil to the bathing water. Feel the difference when you come out of your shower.
Super Scrub it is!
• Combine two tablespoons of oil with two tablespoons of sugar. Rub on hands until sugar begins to dissolve. Rinse your hands with warm water and feel your silky-smooth hands.
Night cream it is!
• A lovely moisturizing lubricant when applied on legs, hands & face.
• When combined with vinegar and water in equal proportions, olive oil will soften and moisturize the skin as you sleep. The vinegar acts to lighten skin discolorations and helps to exfoliate the skin.
Natural medicine for the signs of aging!
• It is beneficial in slowing the aging signs such as fine lines and wrinkles. Olive oil has antioxidant properties and thus protects the skin from those harmful and damaging free radicals.
• Make a reviving facial mask with olive oil, honey and an egg yolk. Beat until they blend well and apply onto your face. Leave for 15 mins and rinse with warm water to sense the difference!
• Olive oil can be used as a lip balm, nail soak, etc.
• Warm a small dish of olive oil (not too hot) with a tablespoon of lemon juice. Soak nails for 5- 10 minutes. This softens cuticles and strengthens nails as well.
• Dab olive oil on lips, especially helpful at bedtime. Alleviate your chapped lips and wake up to find them softer.
Worried about sun tan?
• Applying olive oil on the skin after being in the sun helps reduce the damage caused by sun exposure.
• Other potential benefits of olive oil as a skin care product include: treatment of - minor skin wounds, eczema, and psoriasis.
• The vitamin E in olive oil makes it a great overall skin care product.
Used & Tested...Hence, can be Trusted!
Ask for extra virgin olive oil and raise the beauty in you, a few notches up! Stay Olive’ly H.A.P.P.Y! :-)
- Ahi ( loves experimenting)